An engineering products major in India decided to improve its IT applications framework by re-implementing Oracle R12 instead of a technical upgrade. The aim to be to leverage new functionalities of R12 and have improved business processes implemented. With the objective of improving supply chain operational efficiencies Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) was also implemented. Though the implementation was done by one of the top IT consulting firms in India, KTCS was hired to ensure realization of business benefits from the implementation. Through careful solution reviews to ensure alignment of application processes with intended business objectives during implementation phase KTCS consultants made sure that the application solution delivered was valid and current for the business. In the post implementation phase, we implemented our proven benefits realization methodology Benefits Delivery Plus (BDP) which established a mechanism to continuously
- Assess and improve business utility of application solution
- Assess and improve usage of applications by business users.
This methodology in essence
- Established explicit links between supply chain objectives and actions
- Established sound mechanism to identify and involve stakeholders in benefit realization process
- Identified valid and current “change” needs
- Provided a way of running operations with continuous focus on incremental improvements
After a year of following BDP
- No of days of inventory were reduced by 21%
- Need to start tracking OTD with respect to customer request date instead of first promise date was established.
- On time delivery with respect to customer request date was improved by 28% with a continuous upward trend.